Japan: Hike, Bike & Kayak
Embark on an insightful cultural (and physical) workout with a 12-day active adventure across Japan’s ancient history, religious sites and natural wonder. Beginning in Tokyo, leave the crowds behind for a hike through post towns dotted along the Nakasendo Way, then continue to the Seto Inland Sea for a biking and kayaking adventure along the Shimanami Kaido. Stop by historic Kyoto before tackling the mother of all pilgrimages along sections of the historic Kumano Kodo. With the opportunity to explore diverse neighbourhoods and experience real hospitality along your way, discover the secrets, past and present, of an enchanting Japan.
- Tsumago - Waki Honjin
- Nakasendo Trail - Magome to Tsumago hiking
- Onomichi - Shimanami Kaido cycling
- Ikuchijima Island- Sea Kayaking
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Ginkaku-ji (Silver Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Mt. Daimonji-yama hike
- Kyoto - Kyoto Cycling
- Kyoto - Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Daitokuji Temple
- Shingu - Kumano Hayatama Taisha Shrine
- Kumano Kudo - Hiking
- Kumano Kodo - Kumano Nachi Taisha
- Toba - Mikimoto Pearl Island Museum
- Kii Katsuura - Tuna Market
- Osaka - Dotombori District walking tour
- Hike between the preserved post towns of the Nakasendo Way – reconnect with the Edo history on this ancient trail connecting Edo (now Tokyo) and Kyoto.
- Discover one of Japan's best cycling routes - the Shimanami Kaido which links Honshu with Shikoku across the scenic Inland Sea - and enjoy a cycling and kayaking experience
- Temple-hop through the historic city of Kyoto with a guided ride past some of the major religious sites in the city - a perfect active way to explore this ancient capital.
- The Kumano Kodo is one of only two World Heritage-listed pilgrimage trails in the world. Hike a section of the ancient route, arriving at spectacular Nachi Falls and Nachi Taisha Shrine.
- Never lose sight of the big cities of Tokyo and Osaka. With options to extend your travel before or after your trip, you can continue your fascinating adventure through Japan at your own pace.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...