Cycle South Dakota: Mount Rushmore & Badlands
Cycle some of the USA’s most magnificent roads, walk in the footsteps of Wild West outlaws and come face to face with one of the world’s most recognised monuments on a six-day cycling adventure through South Dakota. The Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State Park and Black Hills National Forest deliver in otherworldly scenery while the fabled towns you pedal to serve up a side of American history. The towering carvings of past presidents on the side of Mount Rushmore must be seen to be believed, and travelling with a local leader ensures you’ll hear the stories behind all the sights you uncover along the way.
- Badlands National Park Guided and vehicle-supported Cycling
- Wind Cave/Garden of Eden Cave Tour
- Custer State Park Wildlife Loop Guided and vehicle-supported Cycling
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Iron Mountain Road Guided and vehicle-supported Cycling
- George S. Mickelson Trail Guided Cycling
- Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway Guided and vehicle-supported Cycling
- Take a wild ride along the famed Wildlife Loop in Custer State Park, searching for bison, elk, antelope, mountain goat, and deer as you pedal.
- When you’re not on two wheels, there’s plenty to discover on foot – tour a section of one of the world’s longest caves in Wind Cave National Park and admire its unique formations.
- Cycle one of the USA’s most spectacular roads – the Iron Mountain Road weaves through South Dakota’s Black Hills, revealing a different view with each of its curves.
- Park your bike at the iconic Mount Rushmore and follow the Presidential Trail for a close-up view of the granite-hewn faces of Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln.
- Scenic rides lead you to storied places – explore legendary Deadwood and learn about its Wild West past, and visit the Custer State Park, known for one of the largest bison herds in the world.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced cycling guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...